Who we are
We are a small group of volunteer who manage Bremhill Village Hall. We are a registered charity and have properly constituted meetings as well as an AGM each October. Our website address is: https://bremhill.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including name, email address, telephone number, mobile number
- Information needed to make a purchase through the website including, postcode, address, email address.
- Email address to sign up for newsletters or information.
- Information sent to us by email, through our website, including the message content and email headers.
What we do with the information we gather
- When you fill out the Hall booking form on our website then we require your name, telephone number and email address, in order to respond to your enquiry. This information is mandatory and without it we cannot approve your booking.
- IP Address and browser information can be used to help keep our website secure and prevent fraud. It is possible that this information may be logged temporarily.
When you book the village hall you have the option of paying online with PayPal. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
How long is this data kept
Personal information that we collect in order to provide you with a service, e.g. to answer an enquiry, or to make a booking, is kept for as long as is necessary to provide this service, or for as long as the contract between us is valid.
Personal information provided to us for purchases has to be kept for legal reasons for accounting purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our website has an SSL certificate installed and is served encrypted over https. Any data sent to us over this connection is secure.
The security plugins in use on this website prevent spam robots, and hackers from overloading the website or gaining unauthorised entry. It is possible that on occasion your IP address and browser information may be logged by this system.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Apart from any services already mentioned we do not share your data with any third parties.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Do not fill in any forms on our website asking for personal information.
- You can ask us at any time to remove any personal information we hold about you, apart from information we must legally retain for example, purchases. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have an account through our website you can check the information we have about you by logging in to your account and visiting your profile page. Here you can change anything that is incorrect or delete anything you don’t want us to retain.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection legislation. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Or provide you with a copy of this information.